Yurt "Camping" at the PBFS
Spend the night in the Field Station’s yurts! A comfortable camping experience at the edge of the Alaskan wilderness, overnight yurt stays are perfect for families, couples, or friends. Spending the night allows you to truly enjoy best the land of the midnight sun has to offer - walk the beach after dinner, gather around our spacious campfire ring, or watch the sun (eventually) set over the ghost forest. Enjoy a relaxing morning before joining the next day’s Natural History Tour. Overnight visitors depart the Homer Harbor at 4:00 p.m. and return at 4:00 p.m. the next day unless otherwise arranged.
Overnight visitors have use of the Field Station kitchen for cooking (electric stove, microwave, coffee maker, toaster) and food storage (refrigerator and small freezer compartment). Each yurt has six bunks and with camp mattresses, as well as floor space and camp mattresses for two more people, but you will need to bring your own sleeping bags and extra pads if desired.
Yurt rental: $50/person or $200 to rent the entire yurt for a family or group.
Yurt rentals are available in combination with tours.
What to bring:
- A sack lunch (drinking water and complimentary hot beverages available)
- Waterproof boots or shoes (we do have some boots available to borrow)
- Warm, layered clothing including raincoat and rain pants if you have them
- Camera, video camera, binoculars if you have them
- Food and sleeping bags for overnight yurt stays
Contact Us for reservations.